Saturday, July 24, 2010

Breakfast.

I love eggs. But they are surprisingly difficult to make look pretty.

My favorite lately is Ina Garten's recipe for Herb Baked Eggs. They are so easy to make, taking less than ten minutes start to finish. They always turn out lovely, and being an aesthetic thinker, this highly appeals to me. No scrambling, flipping, or poaching to botch them!



I'm terrible at actually measuring. Just too lazy I think. So I make my eggs the following way:

In an oven-safe dish, add
a plop of butter and a splash of cream. Heat this up under the broiler, melting the butter and heating the dish. Add two eggs, and season to your liking. (I enjoy salt, pepper, and garlic salt.) Put back under the broiler, cooking for about five minutes.

Voila! Easy, fast, cheap, beautiful, and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment